Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Institution: Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate Large Scale Hospital Catering experience.
- Appropriate experience of therapeutic diets, food groups, preparation and cooking methods, and quality and portion control of food according to standardised recipes.
- Appropriate experience of the Cook-Chill System.
- Appropriate experience with patient’s service (i.e. ward hostess).
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to work shifts (weekends and public holidays).
- Must be willing to enter hospital wards and serve patients.
- Ability to do work of physical natures.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of Western Cape.
- Proof of attendance of a Kitchen Hygiene, Kitchen Cleaner or an Assistant Chefs, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to function within a team and work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Utilise the Cook Chill System, prepare, cook, plate, regenerate, serve meals and beverages for the patients in accordance with the PAWC Food Service Policy.
- Follow standardised PAWC Receipts and Menus.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen area and equipment as well adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Communicate with patients and kitchen staff as well as give feedback about problems and make recommendations to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Dress according to Departmental specifications and adhere to Hospital/ PAWC Policy.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in People’s Post 6/8/2019, Vukani 8/8/2019, PSVC 29/2019.
|Applications To||The Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital
Private Bag X4
(For attention: Ms n Mbilini)