In Sub-Saharan Africa, SNC-Lavalin has a proven track record of delivering projects across all four of our sectors of operation including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. We have been present in Africa since the 1970s when the company was awarded the Mefta cement plant in Algeria. Since then, we have designed and built a series of outstanding projects across the continent that directly contribute to quality of life. Over the last four decades we have served blue-chip clients, primarily in the petrochemical, power and mining and metals sectors on over 300 diverse projects executed in South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Mozambique, Zambia, Madagascar, Kenya, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Sudan.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- 5 to 7 years related work experience including 1 to 2 years in HSE petrochemical position in similar projects.
- HSE qualifications recognized locally or internationally e.g. OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH, Industrial Safety diploma governed by respective government organizations and must be registered with the SACPCMP.
- Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001, ISO 14001
- Must be SACPCMP registered
- Must be computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- Knowledge of internal / external auditing process.
- Investigation skills
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Must be able to plan work accordingly to meet tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Must be able to work in a team driven environment
- Good knowledge of technical processes.
- Presentation skills
Contractual (Fixed Term)
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.