Job Summary Statement
The incumbent will be responsible to accurately pick and store inventory, wrap, pack and label the outbound shipments of the day according to the requirements of customers and suppliers. Assist with the safe loading and unloading of customers and supplier vehicles. Interface with staff in the sales support environment.
• Grade 12
• Stores and Stock Control (advantageous)
• Warehouse and office administration (advantageous)
Duties & Responsibilities
• Follow the principles of “First in First out” for all stock movement within the warehouse environment
• Responsible for the administration function associated with the efficient operation of receiving and despatching of goods
• Liaise with various internal and external departments to rectify discrepancies and queries as required.
• Follow the established departmental policies, procedures, objectives and adhere to continuous quality improvement practises and initiatives
• Ensures warehouse and respective areas are clean, neat and well stocked at all times
• Assist with stock takes and solving discrepancies and queries
• Generate the following weekly reports
– WIP – Work in progress (Production orders)
– Or any other report requested by management
• Accurate pick and store production orders in designated areas according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code. Clearly identify production orders with relevant information.
• Responsible for the maintenance of allocated departmental equipment and supplies in respective areas
• Distribution of work orders in diligent to the foremen
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Good understanding of the logistical flow of production and sales orders
• PC Literate – MS Office Suite
• Customer Service Orientation
• Good working knowledge of production orders procedures
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Adhere to principles and values as per the environment
• Manage own outputs
• Produce and maintain effective business results
• Sharing Functional Expertise
• Effective internal and external customer relationship maintenance
Closing Date: 2019/07/16
In line with Aveng’s commitment to transformation, suitably qualified candidates from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
While the company’s recruitment policy stipulates that all positions will be advertised, provision is also made for appointments to be made in accordance with the company’s succession planning strategy and practice when filling vacancies.