Operating entity: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Department: Refining Electrical West & HVAC West
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To perform manual labour in support of the area in which they work.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Matric or N3 with Maths, Physical Science and English.
- Previous similar experience will be to your benefit.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Assist co-workers and Electricians
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- Tidy and clean workshops, stores and outside areas
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Customer care
- Be able to work underground
- Maintain safety & environmental standards
- Carry out any reasonable applicable request by colleagues and leaders
- General housekeeping
- Identify unsafe conditions
- Reporting deviations
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Attendance and participation of safety meeting and toolbox talks
Line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Closing date: 17 July 2019
Click Here To Apply