As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It’s time to make a move. Join our flow.
At KONE, Safety is an integral part of the way we work. It is a cornerstone of our culture and part of the foundation for how we do business. To continue building KONE Safety Culture and proactively promote safety practices we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety Officer to be based in our Johannesburg, South Africa office.
Reporting directly to the Safety and Quality Manager , we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Safety Officer. In this role, you will support the operational Safety Team and will proactively work to ensure continuous improvement of safety performance and awareness in the business unit.
A Safety Officer focuses on creating internal and external customer trust, value and loyalty and hence we are looking for somebody with a proven track record of being a go-getter and understands safety and quality at its core. We need someone who has the ability to influence, is result driven and has a strong commercial and business acumen.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals who are passionate about keeping the working environment safe. If you feel you have what it takes and can add significant value to this role and department then apply for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the one?
- Hold a Diploma /SAMTRAC and/or related Certificates in Safety Management;
- Registered with SACPCMP as Candidate or CHSO;
- 3 – 5 years of experience in safety in construction, engineering or related industries;
- Passionate about safety with excellent communication, training and organizational skills;
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, diligent, organized self-starter with an orientation towards a high level of customer service;
- Ability to work together as a team and promote a harmonious environment;
- Passion for Mechanical & Electrical vocations, with a proven track record and a strong customer focus;
- Excellent English communication. Knowledge of other African languages will be advantageous;
- Valid South African driver’s license.
What do we offer?
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment;
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work;
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills;
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets;
- Regular feedback through performance discussions;
- Opportunities for individual development;
- Mentoring and coaching programs;
- Flexibility, trust and respect;
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Working for a successful organization.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.