This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : Recruitment.TCP@transnet.net
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to VIKO.MAZWI@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Group Services
Position Title : Young Professional x 10
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Finance
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : General Manager
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 6003251
Position Purpose :
The Office of the Group CFO: Finance department is looking for dynamic and recently qualified graduates for the two-year
Young Professional Training Programme to be trained in the following fields: Financial Planning, Governance, Business
Integration, Management Accounting and Revenue Management.
Position outputs :
To give new graduates work experience for specific finance areas
To train, develop and up-skill young professionals in line with Transnet’s development mandate
To have capable talent that will support and enable Group Finance through specific function thereby creating value for
The Graduates will be exposed and trained on the following functional areas through a carefully constructed and managed
rotational programme, with clearly defined and measurable outcomes.
Financial planning and analysis, budgeting and reporting
Governance, risk, compliance and internal controls
Business Integration (including management of internal and external oversight Committees)
TCC Management Accounting activities (analysis, interpretation of financials for internal reporting and creditors
Group Project Factory
Qualifications & Experience :
We are looking for the below qualifications
1. Finance degree
2. Project Management degree
3. Risk Management degree
4. Industrial Engineering degree
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess project management skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the Group
Finance management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skilfully
gather and analyse information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve
performance through management feedback
How to Apply