This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
People Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : Thembeka.Mabuza@transnet.net
The closing date is on 03.05.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Learner Call Centre
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Human Resources
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Port Term Mng Training Manager
Grade Level : ADVISE
Reference Number : 20003041
Position Purpose :
• To be trained and skilled to act as a key channel of communication for Transnet Port Terminals Customers and
• Ensure that all telephone calls, e-mails and online queries are timeously and effectively dealt with.
• Escalate irresolvable queries to the supervisor and relevant business units as required by Customer Service Centre query escalation procedures.
• Class attendance and portfolio completion.
Position outputs :
Actively participate in all training programmes related to:
• Completing the Learnership Programme inclusive of Portfolio of Evidence.
• Maximize customer service.
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
• Manage customer relations.
• Promote Transnet Port Terminals services and brand.
• Support customer service initiatives, manage customer information flow.
• Recommend customer service process improvements.
Qualifications & Experience :
• Ability to manage conflict
• Attention to detail
• Telephone etiquette
• Team player
• Service orientated
• Can-do attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Computer Literacy
• Knowledge of Microsoft Packages
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment