Location: Randburg, Johannesburg
We are offering Electrical Apprenticeship training opportunities to individuals interested to qualify in the Electrical Trade.
National Senior Certificate (Matric/Grade 12 with 2 or more of the following subjects:
- Physical Science
- Technical Drawing
Individuals with a technical background or technical qualifications will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will work under supervision and will be expected to perform the following duties throughout the Apprentice period:
- Assist with electrical/electronic and mechanical repairs
- Assist with electrical installations
- Read, interpret, and execute drawings, schematics and electrical code specifications
- Test electrical equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance
- Install, repair, or replace AC/DC motors and drives, transformers, motors, starters, relays, and electrical controls
- Install, repair, or replace electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting, and alternative electrical parts
- Do preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment);
- Install electrical circuits, as well as panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches
- Correct connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever incorrect applications may cause harm and dangerous conditions
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules.
The training opportunity will include the following:
- All trade related training
- On the job training at SA Power
- Practical training and theoretical training
To qualify, candidates must meet minimum grade 12 qualifications with good results in Mathematics, Physical Science and Technical Drawings. Alternatively, an N2 or N3 technical certificate with supporting language subjects at Grade 12 level with Mathematics, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Trade Theory and Engineering Science as subjects.
Candidates from academic high schools with only physical science and mathematics and who have a strong interest in an electrical apprenticeship are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Should you wish to apply please email your comprehensive CV and proof of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org address.
For enquiries about this position, contact our HR department on 021 559 5339 telephone number.