Closing Date: 09 February 2018 at 16H00
The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport has 60 opportunities for a Learnership Programme as follows:
x15 Bohlabela in Plumbing (NQF level 4);
x15 Gert Sibande in Plumbing (NQF level 4);
x15 Nkangala in Electrical Engineering (NQF level 3) and
x15 Ehlanzeni in Carpentry (NQF level 4) for the 2018/19 Financial Year. Interested unemployed persons are invited to apply for the above mentioned opportunities.
- The applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old, unemployed and must not have entered into a Learnership before.
- In possession of grade 12 (National Senior Certificate).
- Must be fit to operate heavy construction equipment.
- All signed and dated applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtained at any government department or at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents
- Applications must be accompanied by a brief CV, certified copies of qualification(s) and ID.
Participants will undergo both interview and placement test. Successful candidates will be informed accordingly.
Participants will undergo both theory and practical training for a period of twelve months upon signing of a 12 month contract which is not renewable.
The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Applications must be forwarded to:
Head: Public Works, Roads & Transport
Private Bag x 11302
Applications addressed as above can also be hand–delivered at:
- Head Office (Mbombela, Riverside Government Complex, Building no. 9, Main Entrance Gate)
- Bohlabela District Office (Thulamahashe): Mr W Molomudi 013 773 0334
- Ehlanzeni District Office (Mbombela): Mr G Mashile 013 762 6067
- Nkangala District Office (KwaMhlanga): Ms G Mabena 013 947 2593
- Gert Sibande District Office (Ermelo): Mr H Mkhonza 017 801 4000 / 5600
No faxed or e-mailed application will be considered.
Head Office Enquiries: Mr Mbuyane (013) 766 6841 and Mr Malumene (013) 766 6468.
Note: Communication will be restricted to the shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from the Department within three months from the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.