DATE ADVERTISED: 20TH DECEMBER 2017 CLOSING DATE: 27TH DECEMBER 2017
VACANCY REFERENCE: PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
At Lancet Laboratories we recognise that results are achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining the best people. We support the attainment of equal opportunity progress, and believe that people are the spirit to us accomplishing our strategic goals.
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of a Payroll administrator
The post holder works within a highly regulated environment which is characterised by clear work instructions and fixed turnaround times for various payroll procedures.
MINIMUM CRITERIA REQUIRED:
Payroll certificate/diploma advantageous
2-3 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Receives and captures weekly and monthly salary inputs to ensure that lawful and accurate deductions and payments are made to employees
- Forwards captured hard copy documents to Human Resources support division for scanning purposes in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Captures new appointments, promotions, terminations, other remuneration benefits, and garnishee orders in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure that all transactions are up to date before the close of payroll for a particular month.
- Prints and sorts salary advice slips to ensure timeous distribution to employees monthly.
- Prints and sorts IRP5’s on annual basis to ensure compliance to relevant legislation and timeous distribution to employees.
- Handles payroll related queries telephonically and via e-mail and HR system (e.g. reprints of payslips, personal detail changes, maternity leave matters and garnishee and medical aid queries) to resolve queries effectively and ensure correctness of employee information on the payroll
- Adherence to stringent deadlines in terms of completing and concluding payroll processes.
- Minimizing risk of error.
- Keeping abreast of changes (policies, legislation, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Crisis and conflict resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Dealing with “peaks’ and “lows” i.t.o. work volume and pressure.
- Maintaining constructive internal work relations within Human Resources Department and between various sections to ensure efficient execution of procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
You may apply for this vacancy by e-mailing your application with the below required documentation to email@example.com. Please indicate the vacancy reference number: PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR the subject line of your e-mail application.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of ID document
- Copy of Matric certificate
- Copy of Relevant Certificates
- Valid Tax registration number