The South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for 24 Packaging Learnerships at Rosslyn Brewery, Pretoria. The purpose of this program is to provide unemployed youth with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food & Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with the Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
The Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines practical and theoretical learning in an integrated programme. The learner is given exposure to theory and then opportunity is given for the application of the theory.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- The Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the National Qualifcations Framework (NQF)
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
- Minimum Grade 12 Mathematics and English (exemption pass) or N3 Mechanical or Electrical
- Experience in a food and beverage packaging line will be an advantage
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact and work effectively in teams
- Self Driven
How to apply
Applications close on 17 January 2018. Click here to apply online