At Rhino Africa, our vision is not only to be the authority on African travel and to share our passion, experience, and knowledge with the world… Our vision also includes the shameless promotion of this magnificent content. Whether it is through our guests, our Rhino Africa crash, or our CSR initiatives, Rhino Africa aims to provide value through business intelligence (BI) that will in turn give Africa a chance to prosper through tourism. Our Product department, built on the foundations of our BI, is the undisputed industry leader: it is through the 2 000 unique supplier relationships forged via Product that we have come to service more than 15 000 clients each year, filling 100 000 bednights across the continent.
Now, having been named “Africa’s Leading Safari Company” by the World Travel Awards for four years in a row, Rhino Africa is ready to expand its Product department, making new room for a Contracts Administration Intern.
We are on the lookout for a candidate who is ready and able to contribute to our Product BI by taking charge of the administration of partner and supplier contracts. In practice, that means determining the margin of profitability within contractual agreements, keeping track of markup and commission percentages, and capturing, updating and calculating daily rates for our separate suppliers. The role will be highly numerical, and will require an analytical, independent candidate with the ability to zone in on his/her work, approaching given tasks with numbers prowess, a great work ethic, a good eye for detail, and an obsession with accuracy.
The role of the Contracts Administration Intern will include, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Capturing, updating and calculating supplier rates on a daily basis
- Working with our Sales team to resolve contract-related challenges in daily operations
- Ensuring that profitability, markup and commission percentages are interpreted correctly with regard to supplier performance within specific contractual agreements
- Performing further rates-related ad-hoc projects geared towards competitor analysis and other related objective
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent diploma in Tourism, Accounting or a related field
- Some experience in the travel industry will be a big plus
- A love for numbers and a proficiency for the organization of data
- Basic knowledge of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of responsibility for the organization of your own work and time
- A proactive, detail-oriented, analytical and tenacious approach
Please follow this link to view the full list of responsibilities and requirements.
Please note that only previously disadvantaged South African candidates (PDIs) will be considered for this position.
At Rhino Africa, there’s an abundance of added delights:
- CAPE TOWN: Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices located in the heart of Cape Town, the world’s most beautiful city. Pristine beaches and world-famous hikes are just 15 minutes away from our HQ, so be sure to pack your bathing suit and hiking boots!
- COMPENSATION: To ensure we attract only the best of the best, we offer each intern a stipend of R5,000 per month, along with a monthly voucher, worth R250, to use at our in-house Rhino Cafe.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Rhino Africa is proud to have our own in-house Cafe, which rivals any foodie spot on the streets of Europe! Interns receive monthly vouchers to enjoy hearty meals, delicious coffees and sweet treats from our own master chefs and expert baristas. The Cafe is a place to mingle and relax with your colleagues, and even learn some foreign slang.
- THE TRACKER PROGRAM: At Rhino Africa you’re not just another lost animal in the wild! We assign each new intern a ‘tracker’ to guide them through the jungle, introduce them to their fellow Rhinos and our unique family culture.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS AND MENTORS: Work under visionary leaders who encourage open and direct communication and honest feedback.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Use your numerical expertise to administer contracts which have a positive impact on Africa’s wildlife and people. For more than a decade, Rhino Africa has identified champions and backed their causes by providing coaching, mentorship, financial aid and infrastructural aid.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP: Have freedom within and ownership of your work, with the support and guidance of your dedicated mentor. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events, while getting to know their colleagues from all around the world.